Organized in 1963, Grace Lutheran School is a fully accredited Christian school with classes from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade. At Grace an experienced staff and faculty work closely with parents to help children reach their full potential. The curriculum includes more than textbooks. Earning trust, growing in responsibility, making decisions, and follo wing through are important goals. In the classroom, on the playground, in daily devotions and in Bible study, teachers and students share the love of Jesus with each other.
Approximately 65% of our students come from families who are not members of Grace Lutheran Church, our sponsoring congregation, Grace Lutheran Church. Grace Lutheran School is well-established in the Huntsville community with an excellent reputation for quality education.
Philosophy Statement (What we believe)
Grace Lutheran School is an integral part of the total ministry of Grace Lutheran Church; therefore, we believe the following:
- Each Child is a precious gift from God and is His unique creation.
- A quality academic education enables children to discover and fulfill God's special purpose for their lives.
- Through God's Word and the work of the Holy Spirit, we help children grow in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ, their Savior.
- Christ-like qualities are emphasized and demonstrated daily among students, faculty and staff.
- Parents and teachers are partners and advocates for their children.
Empowering young minds for servant leadership, discipleship, and innovative thinking for today's challenges and tomorrow's opporunities.
Purpose (Mission) Statement (Why we exist)
Grace Lutheran School exists to share the message of salvation through Jesus Christ, to prepare our children for today's challenges and tomorrow's opportunities, and to equip children with the tools necessary for lives of Christian service.
Objectives (What our students will accomplish)
Students at Grace Lutheran School will be able to:
- Model Christ-like behavior
- Articulate their relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior
- Exhibit their God-given responsibility
- Perform to the best of their God-given abilities
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- Demonstrate a Christian character that will enable them to become useful citizens and leaders in their community, country, and world
- Apply the Biblical principle of the body as the temple of God
- Use their discretionary time in worthwhile and acceptable activities
- Exhibit Christian stewardship