Activities and Extended Care
We believe that participation in wholesome, recreational activities provides students with opportunities to gain social skills, develop gross and fine motor skills, and gain an appreciation for the fine arts. With our wide range of activities available, there’s sure to be something to interest your child!
Extended School Care
We provide childcare before and after school for all students for an additional charge. We have the following options available:
- Session 1: Before School
Available for all students from 7:00–8:00 a.m. Beginning at 7:30 a.m., there is no charge.
- Session 2: After School
Available for PreK–12th grade from 3:05–5:30 p.m.
We will “drop-in” any student remaining on campus after 3:30 p.m. and charge your account a daily rate ($10 per day) regardless of how much time the child spends in extended care.
For students who are not enrolled in the program, we limit drop-in usage to an “as needed” basis and in emergency situations. If your child needs to remain at school in the extended care program, please notify the school office by 11:30 a.m. for half-day students or by 2:45 p.m. for full day students. We will escort your child to the program after school and provide a snack.
After School Activities
We have plenty of fun activities for your child to choose from. For more information, please call the school office.
Knight School Chess Team:
- Grades PK-5
- The Knight School initiates a unique, party-based, kid-focused, high-octane approach to learning chess and rocking a very fun chess tournament.
Sport Stacking: Taught by Mrs. Dawn Swartz
- Grades 1–8
- Sport stacking is a fitness-based sport that kids from all backgrounds and abilities can do. Benefits include improved hand-eye coordination, brain building, bilateral coordination, and body to brain connection.
Bricks for Kids:
- Grades K-HS
- This is a hands-on class where students will design and build machines, catapults, pyramids, derby cards, buildings and other constructions out of LEGO® bricks. While exploring engineering, architecture and physics, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Grades 7-HS
- Singers, guitarists, percussionists, and keyboardists join together to praise our Lord. The praise team leads the music in our weekly chapel services and participates in school programs and some Sunday morning worship services throughout the school year.
Ballet (Madison Ballet):
- Grades 1-4
- Students will learn the basics of classical ballet including positioning, movements and terminology.
Yellow Brick Road Tutoring:
- You can find information about Yellow Brick Road Tutoring by visiting their website.