Child Development Center
Grace Lutheran School offers classes from six weeks through eighth grade. When you send your child to Grace Lutheran, don’t let go of your child; grow with your child. Our teachers work closely with parents in a Christian family environment to encourage total growth – spiritual, academic, emotional, physical, and social. For more information about our academic programs, please follow the links below.
Grace Lutheran School provides year-round, loving care in a Christ-centered learning environment to our precious little ones. We staff our Child Development Center (CDC) with qualified, caring teachers who promote an organized, developmental curriculum.
We offer full and part-time programs with lunch options for children from six weeks to four years old in our specialized infant, toddler, and preschool rooms.
If you are considering infant through preschool care for your child, we invite you to visit us and see what our program is all about. Here is how to register:
- Contact our office for a tour
- Complete the online application
- Bring the following documentation to the school office:
- Certified copy of the child's birth certificate
- Current immunization record (must be issued by the state of Alabama)
- Child's social security card
- $140/$90 application fee (Please make checks payable to “Grace Lutheran School”)
If space is unavailable, we will place your child on a waiting list and contact you when we have availability. We do not require you to pay the application fee until we confirm a space for your child.
CDC Classes and Hours
Grace Lutheran’s Child Development Center has the following classes servicing children ages six-weeks to four years:
- Infant: 6 weeks to 12 months
- Toddler I: 12 months to 18 months
- Toddler II: 18 months to 24 months
- Preschool I
- Preschool I - A: 24 months to 30 months
- Preschool I - B: 30 months to 36 months
- Preschool II
- Preschool II - A: 3 years to 4 years
- Preschool II - B: 3 years to 4 years
There are options for full-time and part-time care.
- Monday – Friday Full-day
- Monday–Friday Mornings only
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday Full-day
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday Mornings only
- Tuesday, Thursday Full-day
- Tuesday, Thursday Mornings only
Half-Day - 7:00 a.m. – Noon
Full-Day - 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Details about our fees, tuition, and additional registration information can be found on our Application and Registration page.