High School Student Drivers
Student parking on Grace Lutheran campus is a privilege. With that privilege comes the responsibility of following policies and procedures set forth by the school administration. The school assumes no liability for damage to or losses from any vehicles parked on campus. Students should keep their vehicles locked at all times. The following are the procedures to obtain and keep a parking decal permit.
- To obtain a parking decal permit:
- Register vehicle - a copy of student’s driver’s license and current insurance card must remain on file in the school office.
- Purchase a one-time $25 dollar parking permit at the school office.
- Student must display decal in a visible location.
- Student driving is unsafe. (ex. excessive speed in parking lot, not yielding to pedestrians crossing street, etc.)
- Failure to return to campus in a timely manner. (see number 11)
- Caught parking without a permit can lead to not being able to obtain a parking permit as well as having car towed at owner’s expense.
- Unexcused absence or 3 unexcused tardies will lead to a loss of driving privileges.
- Violation of other school rules may result in the loss of driving privileges. The final decision goes to the school administration.
Note: with the case of all parking violations and depending on the severity and circumstances of what occurred, students will receive every opportunity to correct the action. This may mean a parent/administrative/student conference with an action plan, written warning, or a loss of privilege for a set period before revoking driving privileges for the year.