We think Grace Lutheran School is a wonderful place to work. At Grace, we are blessed to work in a Christian environment surrounded by others who work together to bring our Christ-centered vision and mission of education to fruition.
Our growing childcare facility is looking for teachers who can help to create a fun environment and incorporate educational programs that assist in our children’s development. The teacher's assistant will be responsible for monitoring and teaching the toddler children in our program and partnering with our team to enhance the learning environment at our school. If you love working with kids and have previous experience in an early learning environment, please apply today.
- Ensure that the classroom meets licensing, safety, and health requirements. This includes but is not limited to maintaining classroom, materials and equipment in a clean and safe condition.
- Attend to the children's basic needs (assisting with bathroom accidents, runny noses, etc.) and provide for the children's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth.
- Conduct a developmentally appropriate program of educational activities in accordance with the school philosophy and curriculum.
- Follow posted daily schedule.
- Carry out posted lesson plans.
- Communicate effectively, positively, and with the appropriate professional speech and annunciation patterns when speaking with adults.
- Model appropriate behavior and speech patterns at all times for children to imitate.
- Ensure that each child feels welcome. Greet each parent and child upon entering or leaving for the day.
- Prefer a minimum of six months experience working with children.
- Flexible and energetic on the job.
- Have the ability to juggle multiple duties.
- Ability to resolve conflicts between children.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Full-time position.
Please contact Allison Merrill, Child Development Center director, via email or by phone at (256) 881-0553.